Never thought it would be possible to get close to so many people that speak a completely different language than me.
This was my last week in Costa Rica. On Monday I felt like this day would never come and it did. Memorable things throughout this week:
-Monday: all three of us (van, carl and I) laying on vanessa and I's twin beds making CD's of songs we have listened to in Costa Rica. We laughed for about 2 hours and had such a fun time together.
-Tuesday: Carley and I had a sleepover in her room
-Wednesday: We went to San Jose to go to a Market that has souvenirs and you bargain with the salesmen. At one cart I got 12 dollars off of something. My aide in the classroom-Silvia- went with us and helped us out too. Then I got to go be with some of my boyfriends family-the Burns- whom I spent Spring Break with. This was my favorite part of the week. I went to Mary Beth's (daughter) band play in the theater in downtown and then spent the night at their house. We woke up had coffee on the porch and german pancakes. I love this family. I cannot say that enough.
Thursday: After school we went to get mani/pedis for a total of $24 dollars and that is expensive in Costa Rica. After that we went to Spoon and had dinner with our teachers! Ms. Ana Pacheco, Ms. Abby Franklin and Ms. Silvia Musmani came and we were laughing and talking for 2 precious hours. After this we went to a dessert goodbye part for us at Meghans. It was so sweet of her to have us over and we ate amazing chocolate layered cake and talked for awhile.
Friday: Its one of the hardest things to do...Saying goodbye to 21 little latino precious faces and friends I have made here. Saying bye to my teacher was the hardest for me. She has been an inspiration to me, encouraged me, pushed me, made me a better teacher, been my friend to talk to about everything, been a joy to my day..I love my teacher! But we felt like we were going to see each other again, therefore we had a peace about it. But saying goodbye to all the friends I made here! That is HARD!! Knowing the chances of seeing them again are slim but possibly hopeful. I teared up all day and then lost it at 3:00 when my kids wouldn't let go of me. They had a surprise party for me during the day and made signs and brought food and gave me a shirt with all their faces on it! They kept asking "Miss Tricia why do you have to go? Why can't you stay here? Are you coming back? I will come visit you in oklaOma". This was a really hard day. I am so thankful Lord that you placed me here. Thank you for putting me here even when I doubted you. I am changed forever from this experience.
Saturday: TODAY! Now that I am all dried up from crying I am ready to come home. I see Travis in 11 hours and that is all I can think about haha. I am ready to have a phone, ready to be with English speakers. I am ready to sleep on a bed with a mattress that you cannot feel wooden planks, I am ready for American food, I am ready for more control of my life, I am ready to drive, ready to be with my best friends, ready to start something new..
I will miss:
-Ms. Pacheco
-My precious 1st B class. I had 21 kids.. 1 from Minnesota, 1 from Virgina, 2 from New York but from Venezuela. 1 from Guatamala, 1 from Mexico but lived in the US. All adorable and full of life.
-My friends that I made here- Milagro Castro(sister), Katherine Seymour(came with us to Saint Teresa from North Carolina), Meghan (from New Jersey came with us to Saint Teresa), Conny (BVS maid that doesn't speak any English but we became close to), Silvia Salas (the aide in our classroom), Momma Elza, Nikki, Gigo, Tracey Waters, Abby Franklin, Esterlena (maid at BVS that rode with us everyday)..it goes on..I am so thankful!
-The challenges that I daily faced that were different than the States
-Traveling
-Being on my own
-The beautiful scenery and mountains.
-Carley and Vanessa
-The chill atmosphere-I think I stressed one time!! Its amazing how laid back it is.
-The list goes on..
Things I am excited about:
-TRAVIS mi amor
-My family
-My friends
-OSU/Theta
-Graduation
-Moving on to a new chapter in my life
-My bed
-Control of where and when I do things..car
-Being with Native Speakers from the States haha
-Sonic drinks
-Feeling Clean
-Carpet
-Seeing houses without bars and gates and barbed wire
-Summer Nights
-Roads that paved and big enough for two cars to pass
-Church
-Starbucks as weird as that sounds cause I am in the Coffee belt
-Bible Belt surrounded by believers
-the list goes on..
Thank you for reading, I will write one more when I get home to talk about the transition. I really appreciate whoever you are keeping up with me!!
Pura Vida one more time.
Tricia

No comments:
Post a Comment