When you run in your state do you typically:
-See cows that are surrounded by no fence?
-roosters everywhere
-the sweet aroma of sewage everywhere
-guys yelling at you every second
-not wear an ipod in fear of getting mugged
-jump over sewage
-have to run on gravel
-see beautiful mountains around you and still have a breeze with warm sunshine
-get nervous that cars will get as close to you instead of giving you plenty of safe space
Just some thoughts and views of what its like to run in Costa Rica :)
At the supermarket the guy that was behind the counter working asked Elza in spanish, "Who are these beautiful girls with you ?" Elza answered without cracking a smile "They are my daughters" and we walked off. Made us feel so special. I made a joke to Elza right after saying "I wonder how many states men he thinks you have been married to, to get girls looking as different as us!" ha I think I am funny.
This weekend we are chilling!! HURRAY!! Things we are possibly going to do:
-Fresh Fruit Market Saturday Morning at 5 am (cheap and freshest fruit there is!)
-My teacher Mrs Pacheco is having her birthday party at this really fancy place in the mountains on Friday night. Carley and I are dressing up and going!
-Sunday- I am really excited about this, we are going to an International Baptist Church that supposedly has mostly gringos and its in ENGLISH! yay!
Teaching:
-I am taking over slowly, took over Science subject (my favorite)
-Kids are literally so crazy here. While my teacher was lecturing, I looked over and the boys are playing red rover in the classroom!!! No wonder I am exhausted every day.
-I am more strict with these kids than I have been with any other class or group of kids I have ever had. I can't let them play red rover when I am teaching!
-I got my first kid present today! I was so excited! The girls made my some post its that I had on my desk with my handwriting on them and glued flowers and grass around them hahaha. Loved this.
Thank you for reading!
I have been really focusing on what it means to "Walk In Love" as our Savior would put it. Everything that I react to, respond to or do...am I walking in Love?
MEISS TrEshEa (phonetically here)

You were made to share the arms of true Love, the feet of true Love to walk where you are sent, and eye to show Love in the hardest of circumstances. Hang in there, girl, you're doing a great job and God is pleased with you!! Love, Aunt B
ReplyDelete