Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The one with the perfect run on the sweet farm

Hello! Let me tell you about the amazing weekend I had!

We went to our family's farm! The farms history and facts:
-Its a sugarcane farm (tons of acres!) and the sweet aroma of sugar filled the air!
-There is a factory on the farm that started from Elza's Dad and two brothers and cuban men in 1962
-After their sugar is made, it is sent to another place that combines two other sugar farms sugars and makes Dona Maria a sugar that supplies to the U.S. and Costa Rica!
-They profit from however much they sell

Carley and I went with Nikki and Elza and oh Cha Cha (Nikkis friend who doesn't speak any english and just laughed at Carley and I the whole time for some reason)
We pulled into the farm and were surrounded by mountains, one way dirt road, sweet smells, iguanas, crocodiles, peacocks, horses, a beautiful pool, resort like house and all under the sun!

Carley and I went for a run on Saturday morning. On our way our to the dirt road, we ran past 15 huge iguanas. I think her words after the first one was " I hope they dont get any bigger!" They got at least 3x bigger! They were huge and so gross! Thought about taking one back for a new roomate. Oh, by the way, Stuart won't stop inviting people over..we now have Charlotte..huge spider that Momma Elza tried to hold instead of kill.

It was such a perfect weekend though! The best part was yet to come though :) My friends Bekah Blume and Emmy Wortham and Luke Zsiga came to visit me! Sunday night we hung out at the Multiplaza and then they came to my school on Monday! The first thing they said about my kids in the classroom "Your kids are crazy." And they really are!! I turned around and Jose Maria was holding a chair over Felipe and the peg was going into his eye! Oh wow. That night, Carley and I took them to a famous costa rican place that has the best view of costa rica. It was a stormy night, but we could see all the lights and the lightening in the distance. It was so awesome seeing my friends and such a blessing and it gave me so much joy.

I am almost teaching every subject, except for writing. I am sick-again- a virus is going around. Its really frustrating, it makes me want to be back in the States and feel normal again.

Tonight we are going to this event called FIA. Its at a huge park in San Jose that offers concerts, art festivals, crafts, and sellers.

I will upload pictures later!
Thank you for reading!
Trish

1 comment:

  1. Yea! A new posting! I love reading your blogs Trix! I bet Pops will love hearing about your adventures with Costa Rican wild animals. I think the first iguana I saw while running would have made me turn around and do some laps in the pool instead. Good times for you! Safe travels to Panama!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete