Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hogar Dulce Hogar -Home Sweet Home

"Come out from among them and be separate says the Lord...and I will receive you"

Yesterday, was amazing! Met my Costa Rican teacher! Her name is Mrs. Pacheco. She has almost the same color of skin as my mom (along with the rest of the Lipperts, the beautiful darker skin tone) and light brown hair. Its interesting, sometimes they look like Americans but they are not! She welcomed me with a great big smile and so much joy! Made me feel so blessed.

After we got out, we went to Christa Camps pool (secondary education OSU student who is also at Blue Valley). Read by the pool for about an hour and then we went to the Multi Plaza. This is a HUGE mall that has over 300 stores. This mall is nicer than woodland hills or the galleria. It was shocking. And we indulged ourselves in American food, quiznos was calling my name..but not the weird tasting meat that came on it!

We got to go work out at Elzas gym which happened to be Curves. We then went to Hipper Mas, which is owned by wal-mart but so much nicer! There were employees standing by aisles for assistance. Example: There was a lady standing at the make up aisle (just like wal-mart aisles) and you would ask her about products and she would tell you what you would want. My favorite part about Hipper Mas was the escalators. The don't have steps, its flat and the cart can go down and up with you without sliding everywhere!

Funny Story: Elza was driving and there was a car in the middle of the street backing up and she swerved (not unusual) to miss it, honked loudly and has her phone still in her hand dialing and says "Drive carefully.." and kept looking down. I thought we were going to wreck..It was so funny though.

Back at school today, living a pura vida.
Tricia

3 comments:

  1. Tricia,

    Ok, maybe you should have left one of your spanish dictionaries here with us so we can interpret what you are saying! ha

    The driving experiences remind me of my trip to Los Cabos with my high school friends, the Gumbies, We would catch a cab to go into town and they would proceed to town going faster than my comfort zone would allow! We were all scared, yakking frantically at him to stop and praying for God to protect us as we weaved in and out of cars. We finally learned the words for "please go slow" and tipped him at the destination. We were moms and wanted to go home to our families alive!

    You just enjoy that sunshine down there Tricia! We have snow coming again! Miss you at the fireplace!
    Love you, uhuh,
    Muzzy
    ps Anna is going to want to come down and see the giant mall! Or she'll be sending you a list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia, I was in heaven when I lived in Moscow, the whole time I would think this place was made for me and Dad. In Moscow who ever has the power or whomever's bumper is in front of the other has the power. I am sure that the taxi drivers in NY trained in Moscow. I loved it, really honed my driving skills. If you get a chance to drive remember to be on the defensive but don't forget to be on the offensive too! They will run you over if you don't stay with them and be one of them. Love Ya Uncle Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd drive like that here if I thought I could get away with it!! hahahaha not really.....I love my bumper! love, B

    ReplyDelete