Thursday, February 11, 2010

The one where ticos talk alot!

I have never heard so many people talking at once, and everyone seems okay with it. My 1st grade classroom is chaos compared to the classroom I was in last semester. Its funny when I think about the boys laying on the floor on top of each other screaming at the top of their lungs and my teacher just going on with her lesson. Its definitely different! The way they teach is definitely different too...All the kids with problems sit at one table. They are all frustrated with double digit addition and I think I taught 6 ADD boys how to add double digits today. Very exhausting..

Side note: Its funny when the kids come up to me and start speaking Spanish, and of course I act like I know what they are saying but then smugly say "Nope, tell me in English". I act like I know what they are saying so that they don't whisper behind my back thinking they can get away with saying things and me not understanding :) I almost got caught today when several kids asked me how to say the english word for _____. I just told them to ask their neighbor..heck I don't know!

We have a big weekend coming up! The OSU crew is going to Mount Verde. Its a pretty touristy spot. We are running a 10K Saturday morning and ziplining through the canopys on Saturday! We come back Sunday!

Thank you for reading and keeping up with me! I appreciate you all and send my love from Costa Rica.

Tricia

1 comment:

  1. What an adventure! I'm glad you're feeling better and pray that your new home works out well. Happy Valentine's Day! Love you~

    ReplyDelete