Thursday, February 25, 2010

The one with the changes

All my teachers and professors have told us, "Don't hang out in the teachers lounge, too much gossip, negativity.." My question is: Does this apply when I don't understand a word they are saying, because its in Spanish?

Somethings I have been thinking about:
-When I come home, I will either a) forget how to drive b) be a crazy lunatic driver like the people here c) be extra careful
-I graduate the week I come back
-I am wanting to sleep in a bed that I cant feel wooden planks on my back :)
-I wonder if my guard is being let down or if I was over cautious at first, because I am feeling comfortable here, even though I still stick out
-I am not in the bible belt, I am in the Catholic belt now.
-Blue Valley is unlike any school I have ever seen, its so different than anything I was taught.. I can't say much about this environment on my blog though.
-My teacher and I are so much alike, she is so amazing and I am learning ALOT from her
-I have 19 students..12 of them have learning disabilities..talk about frustration to extra patience, God is good.
-The Lord is showing me how to rely on his STRENGTH and not my own. I have been praying that my heart breaks when His does, that I see the world through His eyes, and that He uses me to spread His light with my actions and words.
-I love Costa Rican Coffee.
-Everyone has maids here. Its common for everyone to have one that: cooks for them, cleans their dishes, cleans their house, and even watches their kids. Its sad to me, because I see how lazy people can get and have less connection with their kids because instead of the mom or dad carrying their baby around, the maid does...any thoughts??
-Throwing your toliet paper in the trash can is one of the nastiest things, the pipes in CR are too little for toliet paper
-We are not the only Americans, we are from the States, people are Americans here too!
-My blonde hair and green eyes is obvious to the world down here. Our taxi cab guy looked at me and goes "Oh your beautiful hair and light green eyes, you must have a boyfriend.." all in spanish and then I said What?! and He goes "I am crazy, Crazy Carlos" wow.

-Well thats all, I hope everyone is doing well, thank you for reading if anybody is haha.
-Mr. and Mrs. Armour I am praying for you today and I love you both so much as my other family.

Tricia

3 comments:

  1. You are in my Google Reader; I read every post! Gotta know what to pray about, ya know?
    -Pastor Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Aunt B!! Hi Trish, so happy to hear of your adventures and what your thoughts are! I love hearing about them. Those white crocodiles were weird! I know the taxi drivers are wild and crazy guys! I remember one spring break with Thetas in Acapulco where we had 8 girls in a taxi and he took us down winding roads back to our hotel and we nearly fell out. He drove fast and dangerously. Hold on!! Keep that blonde hair under a cap in certain circles!! You know my lecture to you :-) I love you!!! Aunt B

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you too, Tricia! And we're so glad you are feeling better. Looks like you are having a blast, what fun memories! The "Others" :)

    ReplyDelete