Saturday, February 6, 2010

The one with the blonde gringo and the bus..


This picture is Blue Valley!! Its such a beautiful nice school, we look around and are surrounded by mountains.
A story before I start:
Gigo, is the brother in the family, he walked me out to the car from a restaurant to get flowers that we bought for Elsa to bring back inside. We go out to the car and I get the flowers and then shut the door and turn around to walk back. All of a sudden, Gigo pushes my back and I go against the car and a bus flys by us and is centimeters from hitting him and I am in front of him. Almost got hit by a bus..sorry mom and dad. He literally saved my life and I was wide eyed and so grateful to him. He said, "Youre my sister, I have to protect you". Good guy.

We had a wonderful day at the beach. All the OSU students took a trip to a beach called Hermosa. The sand was black and very hot. We got there and it was not a touristy spot so we got to relax completely. We stayed out for about 5 hours and had such a fun time.

I am sick with a fever already.. I am allergic to cigarette smoke apparently cause I immediately reacted to it when we were around it. My throat is swollen and my head constantly hurts and a fever. So thats why I am sick..love that Oklahoma kinda smoke free environment. Thats something I took for granted. Mom, come take care of me!


I asked Nikki if I could ever pass as a Tica (costa rican) she said no and laughed. She said even if I darkened my hair it wouldn't work. She said you can tell who the gringos are (people from outside costa rica).. and Americans, its all in the eyes apparently. I was disappointed, I want to fit in :) She said Ticos have a lighter skin color than any other central american country because its started mostly european.

Tomorrow is Election Day! Its so cool here! All week people have been supporting their colors of their party and raising flags! Here are some details:
-People make their own flags and hang them everywhere, hold them outside their cars as they are driving, wave them on the street.
-We are doing what our family is doing and going green and white which is for Laura. The first woman to possibly be president.
-People honk the syllables for the name of the person they are voting for..Laura is 2 honks!
-Tonight is a crazy night, everyone is outside celebrating the election and going absolutely crazy.
-Usually people are not supposed to drink on election day, all the liquor stores shut down, but this year they changed it. Liquor stores are still down but people are allowed to drink. (that is going to be crazy..enough said)

Thank you for reading, it means alot!! Oh, I got to share my faith today, which was so stinkin awesome. I love it when the Holy Spirit intervenes and speaks for me. All glory to God.

Trish

1 comment:

  1. Bat! Its Meg! You have no idea how happy I am to hear that you didn't get hit by a bus! wowza! I have loved reading all your posts, I can almost picture everything and feel as if I am not in Oklahoma for a brief moment! I have been thinking about you so much- I'll be just doing something throughout the day and then it strikes me, "Trisha is is Costa Rica!" And I am just like "wow" yeah just like that lol and I pray for you and hope this experience is just great for you. Not going to lie, its weird not being able to just call you and say "What are you doing fartface?" old habbits die hard lol. Ah I love you bat, it sounds amazing, can't wait to hear more as time goes on, love you bf!!!

    ReplyDelete