Picture: Some of us gringos that teach at blue valley! The girl between van and carl is Megan, she is an aide here from NJ, The tall one with the pink tank top, her name is Abby Franklin. She is married to a tico and is a like our big sister here. We love her and she is coming with us to Panama for spring break. She is Vanessa's teacher. Tracy Waters is in the blue shirt, her and her husband just moved here and she is awesome too. Random fact, she said no 5 times to her husband (now) when he proposed! The other girl, I don't know her name, but she is nice :) This was at the beginning of the 5k race at blue valley!
Story: Last night it was us 3 at the house alone and we made some cookies and were sitting down to watch a movie. As I was about to sit, a thing launched itself from my seat to the floor in a matter of seconds. Turns out we have geicos now. Scared me to death and all three of us were immediately on the highest part of the couches and couple minutes later Stuart runs across the ground and hides under a rug; again on the highest point of the couches..yes there was screaming. Picture this: three girls holding boxes arguing who moves the rug with the umbrella to then catch stuart when he runs with our boxes. Finally moved the rug and Stuart ran into the kitchen through a crack in the door. Again, Stuart wins. The rest of the night all three of us were looking all around and dreamed about lizards, mice and other things.
Speaking of dreams..you know what is annoying? Dreaming about lesson plans, objectives, materials and activities. I wake up stressed over the lesson in my dream. Not cool.
We had Family Day at Blue Valley Saturday! We were there from 8-3, it was a long day. They had so much food and water slides, inflatables, runs, games.. so much fun. I loved it.
Funny Lying Story: Today on the bus this guy sits by us and speaks fluent english and our conversation went like this:
-Where are you from?
*Oklahoma
-I studied in Austin Texas for 4 years at UT in architecture. I am an architect and studied architecture at UT. Do you have names? Isn't Oklahoma in the Midwest? (At this point I am thinking, ok moron if you spent 4 years at UT and didn't know Oklahoma was above you then what the heck did you learn?)
*Yes, Emma Grace and Vanessa.
-Where do you live and why are you here?
*We live in Santa Ana (lie) and are working.
-Where in Santa Ana? Do you have a phone number where I can reach you to practice my English and you can practice spanish?
* Nope.
Thoughts: Oklahoma is right above Texas, You did not study architecture at UT because you are riding the bus and live with your mom, you told us a million times you love the US and were in Texas, you speak fluent english and want to practice it...Wow. People are ridiculous.
Other thoughts while I am here:
-I have the best boyfriend, there is no comparison
-I am starting to get homesick, but love it that I am here
-Aunt B, there is a woman here that reminds me so much of you! Youre the best though! :)
-I wish I understood Spanish, I am still translating in French
-My friends are coming into town this week!! I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a wonderful week and thank you for reading!!!!
Trishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tricia,
ReplyDeleteHi Sweetheart,, it's Aunt Beth! You are so precious, I love reading about your adventures in Costa Rica. What a great life experience, I can smell and really feel what life is like. By the way ..I have Never read a blog before or obviously "posted anything". This is terrific.
May God continue to bless you and keep you in His care. Love always, Aunt Beth
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCrack me up, Tricia. I can totally see you leaping into the air when the lizard showed up! You haven't found any strange creatures in the toilet yet, have you? Have a great Spring Break & stay safe. Love you!
ReplyDelete