Story: I was minding my own business and using the restroom in Vanessa and I's bathroom and all of a sudden a black furball runs across my feet and goes behind the toilet in a hole in the wall. Its our new roomate: Stuart Little. Awesome. I don't think its going to talk to us or make boats with us and win races.
Vanessa left this weekend to be with her family that flew down, so Carley and I had a date weekend. We went to get my first sushi on Friday night... I would say I loved them cause 16 rolls later I was satisfied(side note: the waiter brought us the wrong order so we got 8 free ones). 24 rolls in all this weekend..woops! Friday night, Carley and I woke up to a 4.4 earthquake. Elza and Nicky ran to our rooms making sure we were ok, they said that was a very strong earthquake for two reasons 1. it lasted several seconds and earthquakes are not usually that strong here 2. The epicenter was in San Pedro*very close to Escazu!
Went back to stinky San Jose to buy tickets to go to Panama for Spring Break! Bring on the Canal!
We went to church at the International Baptist Church today. The pastor was from Gutherie... small world right? The song leader sang at an incredibly high and awful note, and I was surrounded by men on one side..I didn't know how to sing! But that usually isn't abnormal.
*Dotter, you would love the black beans and coffee here. You would be in heaven every day! I sure am!
Just to show you how much traveling has affected me: In my dream last night, it was my wedding and I chose one of my friends to be a bridesmaid..well turns out I realized after the ceremony that she couldn't be one of my bridesmaids because "they" wouldn't let her cause she didn't have a passport and another form of identification with her. WOW! So turns out my little 1st grader took her place..oh dreams.
Thank you for reading, I am officially half way done after this week! Then I graduate! Woop!
Tricia
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Did the mouse say "goodbye fake mother" ?
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like there is never a dull moment in your Costa Rica life. No different than your Oklahoma life! I'm glad you found a place to worship in English. I'm sure the congregation there was pleased to have new visitors. If all else fails, 123 Mass!
Love you Trix!
Sushi!!! My very favorite meal!! I've never met a sushi I didn't like, so far! Yummmmmm So glad you like it, too!! We'll have to go to Sushi Niko here in OKC sometime. quick question...do mice speak espanol there???
ReplyDeleteTricia.... sounds like earthquakes are becoming like tornados and thunderstorms for you. Glad you have been able to experience more than 1 our second one came the day before Laura's birthday and the earth realing shook, imagine that! PLEASE take lots of pictures of the Panama Canel I would be so interested and post a couple maybe.... way cool that you are going there.
ReplyDeleteLove you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck! Uncle Bob