If you really want to insult someone say "You smell like San Jose". That cannot be topped.
This weekend, the OSU crew is going to Manuel Antonio or Capos. It supposedly is this beautiful beach that everyone talks about. To get our tickets on the public transportation bus, some of us needed to go down to San Jose to get tickets. The others took care of the hotel. Vanessa, Carley and I were the ones that had to go get the tickets.
The place where we needed to go in San Jose was called the Coca Cola area. All day, we heard people say "Why are you going there? That is so dangerous! I don't even go down there in my car!" Great.. we were so scared out of our minds. We did everything possible to prevent being mugged or getting lost. We didn't carrying anything with us and stuck our money in our clothes. We walked fast, kept our heads up, no smiles, looked around and acted like we belonged there. We got called "beautifuls, hot girls, prettys, and some guy said he loved us" We also go spit at.. that was uncalled for. It smelled awful downtown and there were so many homeless people there. We stuck out cause we were gringos for sure. We got the tickets and got on the bus and made it. Thank God for His protection.
I am so excited about this Wednesday! Gigo, our home stay brother, his girlfriend got us 5 box seats for the professional soccer game!!! I have been wanting to go so bad and they surprised us with tickets!
Travis gave me a verse that I want to share! "...Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil?" In all this Job did not sin with his lips." Job 2:10
In everything, we should give glory and thanks to God! We are not supposed to have an easy life, Christ told us it would be hard to follow Him.
Que te vaya bien!
Tricia
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Honey I hope you washed your hands when you got home from your bus ride ! ha, I knew you would love that coming from your mom. Tricia, I"m confused at why the OSU boys didn't go get the tickets!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures of the ziplines. We should send them to Joe White or Cooper! love you, Marm
Tricia, Thankful God protected you! I am like your Mom, in the future let the boys do these tasks or accompany you!
ReplyDeleteI saw my first soccer game when I went to Istanbul! What a great experience that was. Later when in Guadalajara the World Cup Semi-Finals were there and went to see 2 games in one day. Way cool! take lots of pictures, maybe buy a Team jersey!
Love You! Uncle Bob