Monday, February 15, 2010

The one where I flew over a rain forest..





MounteVerde:
Absolutely beautiful! This place is like colorado mixed with austin, texas. Definitely our favorite place so far! It took us 3-4 hours to get there and half that time we are on a rocky dirt road which gave us stomach aches (thank God for pepto) and headaches (thank God for Iby). Saturday morning we woke up and supported a local school by being a walker in the 5K or a runner in the 10K. Those of us who walked got to enjoy the beautiful scenery and take a wonderful morning walk!!

Next we went Ziplining through the rainforest! This was definitely one of the top5 things I have done in my life!! We got this great deal with a company and went through a series of 15 ziplines over and through the rainforest. The first one that went OVER the mountains of rainforest I literally lost my breath cause I was shocked/scared/amazed how incredibly high I was!! There was this one called Superman.. it was 1km long and they hook up (shown in pictures of my friend) and you soar over it without a brake. I literally yelled "God you are so awesome!" as I flew over. The pictures cannot due the view justice at all, but it was incredible.

We ate at this awesome restaurant called Tree House. It was literally in a tree. We ate there for dinner and breakfast it was so good.

Funny Story: In the middle of the night both nights we woke up to an animal scratching and panting on our wall which was on the roof! No idea what it was but it was relentless in trying to get in!!


That was our trip! I will update another post soon to tell about our trip to San Jose!
Pura Vida
Tricia

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That zipline looks amazing! I'm glad you're having such a great experience :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Experience! You are having WAY to MUCH FUN! I am jealous! Uncle Rob

    ReplyDelete